What is the difference between ball valve and butterfly valve?
1. Ball valve: a valve whose opening and closing parts (ball) are driven by the valve stem and rotate around the axis of the ball valve.
2. Butterfly valve: also known as flap valve, is a simple control valve, which can be used for the on-off control of low-pressure pipeline medium. The butterfly valve refers to a valve whose closing piece (disc or butterfly plate) is a disc and rotates around the valve axis to open and close.
1. Ball valve: the fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to the pipe section of the same length. Simple structure, small volume and light weight. It is tight and reliable, and the sealing surface material of ball valve is widely used in plastic, with good sealing performance, and it has also been widely used in vacuum system. It is easy to operate and fast to open and close. It only needs to rotate 90 ° from full open to full close, which is convenient for remote control.
2. Butterfly valve: the butterfly valve has the characteristics of simple structure, small volume, light weight, low material consumption, small installation size, quick switch, 90 ° reciprocating rotation, small driving torque, etc. it is used to cut off, connect and regulate the medium in the pipeline, with good fluid control characteristics and closing sealing performance.
1. Ball valve: it can be used for fluid regulation and control, in which the v-ball core of hard sealed v-ball valve has a strong shear force between the v-ball core and the metal valve seat of hardfacing carbide, especially suitable for medium containing fiber, small solid particles, etc. On the other hand, the multi-way ball valve can not only flexibly control the confluence, diversion and flow direction switching of the medium, but also close any channel to connect the other two channels.
2. Butterfly valve: the valve can be used to control the flow of air, water, steam, various corrosive media, mud, oil, liquid metal and radioactive media. It is mainly used to cut off and throttle the pipeline. The opening and closing part of butterfly valve is a disc-shaped butterfly plate, which rotates around its own axis in the valve body, so as to achieve the purpose of opening and closing or adjustme